JOB TITLE: Accountant II
JOB SUMMARY: Accountant II is responsible for the processing of Organizational expenditures. Accountant II will also be a key member of the Finance Department assisting with accounting activities, analysis and reconciliations ensuring accurate and timely financial reporting for the Organization. Accountant II will work with all departments within the Organization to provide organizational and managerial metrics to monitor organizational results.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to the Director of Accounting with oversight from Payroll Administrator.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Accounts Payable
- Responsible for recording and payment of all approved disbursements in accordance with Organizational disbursement policies in a streamlined manor.
- Review invoices received and expenses for appropriateness and accuracy, as well as for employee fraud/abuse.
- For approved invoices, record in general ledger all invoices and ensure payment is processed in a timely manner.
- Payment methods include disbursement checks and electronic payments (ACH and credit cards).
- Conduct cost analysis
- Maintain W-9 forms on file.
- Preparation of and timely filing of all 1099 tax forms.
- Responsible for preparation and timely filing of unclaimed property.
- Maintain custody of all financial contracts with vendors. Ensure contracts are current and both parties are in compliance of all terms. Assist with timely renewal and termination of contracts.
- Monitor cash collections.
- Compile weekly reports on cash collections.
- Reconcile cash collections with A/R Department.
- Post cash collections in general ledger.
- Payroll processing and reporting back-up to Payroll Specialist.
- Assist with payroll analytics and reporting after each pay period.
- Financial Reporting
- Book recurring monthly journal entries.
- Maintain excel spreadsheets which detail general ledger accounts and reconcile monthly.
- Review general ledger detail monthly for incorrect postings.
- Review and monitor monthly actual vs budget account differences.
- Assist with monthly financial close and financial statement preparation.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual budget.
- Data Analytics and Reporting
- Assist in gathering, analyzing and presenting data to support decision making.
- Prepare work-flow diagrams, graphs and PowerPoint presentations as needed or upon request.
- Provides company divisions (business units and cost centers) with related information necessary to execute their assigned responsibilities.
- Asist in streamlining accounting functions to ensure optimization of resources.
- Assist with special projects and accept duties as assigned by members of the Finance Department and Management Team.
Required Skills/Abilities or Licensure:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance.
- Registration in Illinois as a Certified Public Account preferred. If certified, certification must be maintained with appropriate continuing education as required by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- Minimum of two years' proven experience in an accounting/financial position preferred, will take into consideration education and other work experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Products, particularly Excel with an aptitude for learning new systems.
- Works well independently and in a group environment.
- Pays close attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires prolonged sitting. Requires frequent stair climbing. May require lifting up to 50 pounds, or moving objects weighing up to 100 pounds. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Requires the use of office equipment such as computer terminals, calculator, telephone or copier. Requires normal vision, speech and hearing levels (or corrected to normal levels) and the absence of color-blindness.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in an office environment. Frequent contact with staff.
ALTERNATIVE TO MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: None.
Advanced Medical Transport (AMT) is the premier provider of emergency and scheduled ambulance services in Central and Western Illinois. AMT also operates another enterprise serving clients in Southeast Iowa with diverse needs.