|Job Title||Desktop Engineer|
|Location||Peoria, IL - AMT Headquarters|
|Department||Information Technology (IT)|
|Reports to||Brad Norrell|
JOB TITLE: Desktop Engineer Updated: 1/3/2019
JOB SUMMARY: To strategize, execute and manage the hardware, software, service delivery and operations of the IT needs. Will work closely with other departments to identify, develop, and implement cost-effective technology solutions that meet the needs of AMT’s vision, goals and growth strategies.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports directly to the IT Director but may also receive direction from the Leadership Team.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Basic understanding of network troubleshooting, mobile hardware, software and applications. Basic understanding of information security and associated incident handling procedures
- Daily troubleshooting of first tier technical issues, escalate to tier two and three when needed
- Resolve tickets within allotted SLA times
- Proactively resolve issues to avoid end-user downtime
- Work with software vendors to resolve issues and gain an understanding of resolutions
- Basic Windows OS troubleshooting
- Basic understanding of cellular networks
- Basic understanding of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, etc.
- Willingness to travel to remote office locations to resolve technical issues
- Document software functionality, and business procedures through accurate, updated documentation.
- Support and maintain AMT’s goals and vision for future. Seek out ways to support its continued growth through the use of technology.
- Work with IT Director and other department heads to help AMT stay on the leading edge of the industry.
- Communicate with all departments regarding technology related items.
- Show ability to communication and train technical concepts to technical and non-technical staff
- Provide updates to IT Director on any existing issues or projects that may impact other departments.
- Demonstrate a desire for personal growth and advancement.
- Research desired IT related skills and create achievable goals for obtaining those skills through appropriate training.
- Research emerging technologies and the feasibility of system enhancements.
- Desktop support experience
- Windows troubleshooting skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or 1-3 years of experience within the Information Technology field
- CompTIA A+ Certification or comparable competency
- CompTIA Network + Certification or comparable competency
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks based on business impact and severity
- Maintain and develop processes and procedures for improved efficiency
Required software proficiencies:
Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10, Microsoft Office 2010 and 2013, 2016, 2019, Sharepoint, Anti-Virus Software, Content Management Software, VPN Software, Spam Filtering Applications, and various Imaging Software Utilities.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires prolonged standing or sitting. Requires frequent bending, stooping or stretching. Requires frequent walking on various types of surfaces on a daily basis. May require lifting up to 50 pounds. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Requires the ability to distinguish letters or symbols. Requires the use of office equipment including but not limited to personal computers, telephones, and copiers and fax machines. Requires normal vision, speech and hearing levels (or corrected to normal levels) and the absence of color-blindness.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Primary duties will be performed in an office environment. May be exposed to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations, inclement weather and other conditions common to a pre-hospital environment. Frequent contact with staff and customers.
ALTERNATIVE TO MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: None.
Advanced Medical Transport (AMT) is the premier provider of emergency and scheduled ambulance services in Central and Western Illinois. AMT also operates another enterprise serving clients in Southeast Iowa with diverse needs.