|Job Title||Information and Referral Specialist|
JOB SUMMARY: To provide thorough information and referral services to clients in need; facilitative support to callers in crisis; and advocacy for clients encountering barriers in accessing services.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Vice President of Strategy
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Answer incoming calls to provide assessment and referral services to clients. Referrals given will include food pantries, housing, homeless shelters, disability-related resources, need-specific financial assistance, veteran resources, childcare resources, health insurance navigation, mental health treatment, legal aid, etc.
- Provide facilitative support to clients in crisis situations until they can be transferred to a
- Provide advocacy for clients as needed by communicating with other agencies.
- Conduct “Homeless Coordinated Entry Assessment for Services” on appropriate clients.
- Participate in quality review of I & R Call Center operations.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve program and company goals.
- Follow all Heart of Illinois I & R/Advanced Medical Transport policies, practices, and procedures.
- Participate in meetings, committees, community activities, and outreach events as required.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work preferred; however, a combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Excellent verbal communication, customer service, and time management skills
- Ability to problem solve and manage a variety of client variables; comprehend complex health and human service program descriptions and eligibility requirements; effectively communicate with local service providers on behalf of clients; respond to inquiries or complaints from clients or members of the community; and present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Strong data entry skills
- Proficient personal computer skills including e-mail, recordkeeping, database navigation, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Requires prolonged standing or sitting. Requires frequent bending, stooping or stretching. Requires frequent walking on various types of surfaces on a daily basis. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Requires the ability to distinguish letters or symbols. Requires the use of office equipment including but not limited to personal computers, telephones, and copiers and fax machines. Requires normal vision, speech and hearing levels (or corrected to normal levels) and the absence of color-blindness.
Advanced Medical Transport (AMT) is the premier provider of emergency and scheduled ambulance services in Central and Western Illinois. AMT also operates another enterprise serving clients in Southeast Iowa with diverse needs.