|Reports to||Bonnie Robison|
JOB TITLE: Patient Accounts Claims Team Updated: 6/13/2016
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY: Provides daily clerical support in the form of billing and collecting for all transportation charges and providing answers to customer and agency inquiries. Assists with other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports directly to the Patient Accounts Manager
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires prolonged standing or sitting. Requires frequent bending, stooping or stretching. Requires frequent walking on various types of surfaces on a daily basis. May require lifting up to 50 pounds. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Requires the ability to distinguish letters or symbols. Requires the use of office equipment including but not limited to personal computers, telephones, and copiers and fax machines. Requires normal vision, speech and hearing levels (or corrected to normal levels) and the absence of color-blindness.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Primary duties will be performed in an office environment. Frequent contact with staff and customers.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned and some duties may be separately assigned to specific customer service representatives)
- Check in daily patient care reports.
- Verify patient information; research missing billing information.
- Review patient care report thoroughly. Prepares patient billing by allocating charges to appropriate pay sources, assigns appropriate billing codes and HCPCS when required in accordance with CMS standards and Corporate Compliance Program requirements.
- Input tickets in a careful and timely manner ensuring correct information on all screens.
- Sort daily patient care report batches alphabetically and place file folders in file room in correct date order.
- Process correspondence from patients, insurance agents and attorneys.
- Locate correct billing information for returned mail.
- Research past due accounts in order to process for possible collection write-off.
- Utilize Zoll RescueNet system to track past due accounts. Documents all required information and refers account to collector.
- Review and revise accounts for Medicare and Medicaid billing.
- Screen patients for financial assistance.
- Research rejected claims by Medicare/Medicaid for possible review and rebilling.
- Complete Zoll RescueNet call list daily. Accurately and completely documents all conversations with patients, third party payers, and others in ticket notes.
- Scan all paperwork into the system for an electronic medical record.
- Receptionist duties as required.
- Other duties upon request.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ability to maintain patient files with confidentiality, knowledge of filing systems, skill in English grammar and spelling. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff. Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information. Ability to maintain files, reports and other correspondence.
- High school education or G.E.D.
- Two years collection experience.
- Ability to type 35-45 w.p.m.
- Computer skills.
- Knowledge of private insurance, Medicare and Medicaid billing procedures.
ALTERNATIVE TO MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: None
Advanced Medical Transport (AMT) is the premier provider of emergency and scheduled ambulance services in Central and Western Illinois. AMT also operates another enterprise serving clients in Southeast Iowa with diverse needs.Click here to review the complete job description