|Job Title||Pre-Hospital Registered Nurse*|
|Location||Peoria, IL*||*Position is based out of Peoria, IL|
|Shifts hiring||Part-time, Full-time, Night Shift, Weekends|
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for delivery of basic, advanced and critical care life support as defined by the Peoria Area Project Medical Director and the Illinois Department of Public Health guidelines. He/she will respond to emergency and non-emergency requests for assistance when required. He/she will be responsible for triaging all hospital to hospital and critical care transports.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports directly to the Director of Operations.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This list may not include all the duties assigned.)
- Monitor all patients assigned to his/her care.
- Provide basic, advanced and critical care life support as necessary.
- Triage all hospital to hospital and critical care transports.
- Provide patients and their families with any assistance when requested.
- Assure the accuracy and completeness of all company and patient contact paperwork.
- Be responsible for all equipment and supplies as specified on company check-off sheets and inventory requirements.
- Maintain current PHRN certification according to provisions set forth by the Illinois Department of Public Health, including Continuing Education
- Maintain professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- Promote a positive company image.
- Accepts other duties as assigned.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the professional pre-hospital theory and practice to give and evaluate patient care.
- Knowledge of organizational policies, regulations and procedures to administer patient care.
- Mathematics and Pharmaceutical knowledge necessary to perform calculations as required.
- Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
- Skill in applying and modifying the principles, methods and techniques of professional pre-hospital care.
- Skill in preparing and maintaining records, writing reports, and responding to correspondence.
- Skill in developing and maintaining quality assurance.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, and the public, includes communicative skills.
- Ability to maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Valid diploma or college degree in nursing.
- Minimum of two years of experience in a critical care unit, emergency department, EMS field experience at the ALS level or per approval of the EMS Director
- Completion of all aspects of AMTCI’s CCT program modules or comparable training
- Valid State of Illinois Department of Illinois Registered Nurse License ACLS, ITLS, PEPP or equivalent
- Valid PHRN license issued by the State of Illinois in conjunction with PAEMS
- Valid State of Illinois Drivers License.
- Must be able to report for duty when emergency staffing conditions occur (at most 20 hours per week).
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries item weighing up to 100 pounds. Frequently requires movement of objects of all different weight categories. Requires corrective vision and hearing to normal range. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours. Requires some risk of exposure to communicable disease or bodily fluids. Requires working with equipment requiring voice, sight and auditory capabilities (corrected) within normal range.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Frequent risk of exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations, inclement weather and other conditions common to a pre-hospital environment.
ALTERNATIVE TO MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: None.
Advanced Medical Transport (AMT) is the premier provider of emergency and scheduled ambulance services in Central and Western Illinois. AMT also operates another enterprise serving clients in Southeast Iowa with diverse needs.