|Job Title||Vehicle Services Technician*|
|Location||Peoria, IL - AMT Headquarters*||*Position is based out of Peoria, IL - AMT Headquarters|
JOB TITLE: Vehicle Services Technician
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY: Under the direction of the VST Supervisor this position is responsible for cleaning, restocking of the supply inventory the ambulances and other company non-emergency vehicles. Ensuring all vehicles are clean and ready for service. Maintain a clean and organized working environment.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports directly to the VST Supervisor.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Wash and clean inside and out of the ambulance or non-emergency vehicle.
- Restocks supplies and inventory for ambulance and non-emergency vehicle.
- Tests all monitors daily to ensure in proper working order before placing in ambulance.
- Ensures daily accountability for Narcotic and Toughbook logs.
- Utilizes crew restock sheets for restocking of ambulance.
- Maintains a clean and organized supply room and garage floor.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- EMT –B licensure preferred.
ALTERNATIVE TO MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: None
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting heavy objects, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires prolonged standing and walking for extended periods of time. Requires frequent bending, stooping or stretching. Requires working with equipment requiring voice, sight and auditory capabilities (corrected) within normal range. Requires the ability to distinguish letters or symbols. Requires the absence of color blindness.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in a garage environment. Frequent exposure to toxic substances, solvents, and petroleum products. Exposure to other conditions common to an automotive shop environment.
Advanced Medical Transport (AMT) is the premier provider of emergency and scheduled ambulance services in Central and Western Illinois. AMT also operates another enterprise serving clients in Southeast Iowa with diverse needs.