Hiring Process Outline
The following steps outline the overall hiring process at Advanced Medical Transport:
- Complete the on-line employment application and other required documents.
- A job-related assessment will then be sent to you via email once the application and forms have been fully completed. You must score in an acceptable range to continue with the process, as the assessment is a good indicator of whether or not you will be a good match for the environment at Advanced Medical Transport. This is important to ensure the success of both you and Advanced Medical Transport.
- Upon successful completion of the assessment test, your application will be reviewed for work history, background information and to ensure that you meet the minimum qualifications for the job for which you are applying.
- Provided your application passes this review, it will then be determined if additional pre-employment testing is required for the job for which you are applying. If so, you will be notified of this via email and contacted to schedule this testing or given instructions via email on how to access the required tests on-line.
- If no additional pre-employment testing is required, you will then be scheduled for an interview with the hiring manager, which may include a panel interview. For EMT & Paramedic positions, you will be contacted via phone and/or email to be invited to the next scheduled field hiring process. This process includes both a clinical and behavioral interview.
- If after the interview (and other testing if required), it is determined that you are a match for Advanced Medical Transport, you will be notified by phone. Immediately following, a criminal background check, including driving record (only for those positions requiring driving) and past employment reference check will be conducted.
- If background and reference results are favorable, an offer for employment will be extended which will be contingent upon results of pre-employment physical, drug test, lift test (if applicable), and immunization requirements.
- If all medical requirements are met, the offer will be confirmed, and you will be scheduled to begin employment, typically on the next scheduled New Hire Onboarding date.
- All new employees are required to attend New Hire Onboarding and then continue with applicable required training/academy for their respective jobs.
Note: If a new employee begins employment and negative background/medical results are received after the employment start date, the offer will be rescinded and employment will be terminated.
It is Advanced Med's policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants for employment and not to discriminate on any basis prohibited by law, including race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, status as a veteran, disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era.